I love Valentine’s Day because of the imagery, colors and what it represents, but not the commercialization of it. I created the Valentine Curly Paper Wreath to adorn my front porch and it is easy to make. I love this project and you will too!
Gather the following tools and supplies to create the Valentine Curly Paper Wreath:
(These next 4 links are affiliate links which means I get a commission if you purchase through me.)
- Cut 6-7 sheets of paper into 1/2″ strips using a paper trimmer.
- Curl all of the strips using the bone folder in a similar fashion as curling ribbon with a pair of scissors. You can tighten the curls by twisting them in your hands.
- Attach the curly strips to the foam wreath by adding a center pin to each curl and pushing the pin into the foam using the thimble. Some curls will need 2-3 pins to secure the paper curl properly to the wreath form. Make it as lush and curly as you like.
- Attach a ribbon loop to the back of the form for hanging.
- Display your Valentine Curly Paper Wreath.
A great way to use your favorite paper that you want to see every day instead of buried in a scrapbook or hanging out in your stash not being used. It is a project that anyone can do and the supplies are readily available. This project is incredibly fun and easy to duplicate for other holidays and themes. Check out its versatility with these projects: Spring Curly Paper Wreath, Autumn Curly Paper Wreath, Vintage Curly Paper Wreath and Day of the Dead Curly Paper Wreath. Are you hooked yet? Ready to hop to it and make one. You won’t regret it.
I have lots of inspiration and ideas to share with you this month so meet me back here for more Valentine goodness. Be creative!
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in February 2016 and has been updated for freshness, accuracy and comprehensiveness.
Remember to Pin it!