Christmas is fast approaching, but you still have time to create a few handmade cards using my favorite die cutting tool, Cricut Explore Air 2. Any Cricut will do because this card is quick and easy to make using the Create a Critter 2 cartridge. The simplest cards can be very impressive so let’s wow your loved ones with this amazingly, simple card.
Gather the following tools and supplies to create the Christmas Joy Card:
(These next 7 links are affiliate links which means I get a commission if you purchase through me.)
- Ultimate Card Making Tool Kit
- Create a Critter 2 cartridge
- embossing folder
- white and colored cardstock
- adhesive gems
- tape runner and mini tape runner
- Cut the white cardstock to be 4.25″ high by 8.5″ wide. Cut the another piece of white cardstock to be 5.25″ high x 4″wide.
- Fold the larger piece of white cardstock in half lengthwise and use the bone folder to crisp the edge.
- Run the white cardstock panel using the embossing folder through the Cuttlebug machine.
- Cut joy from Create a Critter 2 at 4.5″ in length.
- Adhere the layers of joy together.
- Adhere joy to the embossed cardstock using the mini tape runner and tape runner.
- Attach the adhesive gems to the wreath.
- Write your own sentiment or download the holiday sentiments freebie below and mail or gift the Christmas Joy Card.
You can mail this holiday card or use it as part of a gift. We are giving gift cards to our tween and teen nieces and nephews in the Christmas Gift Card Holders. So the gift card holders don’t get lost amongst the pile of gifts, they are being placed in the Christmas Joy Card. Share your handmade love with your friends and family as it is the season of giving.
Meet me back here for another handmade Christmas card before Christmas is finally here. Be creative!
Remember to Pin it!