Welcome to Day 27 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards! Remember, it is all about the frosting. And sometimes, a delicious birthday cupcake is all you need to celebrate a birthday. Why not create this card for your best friend or someone with a sweet tooth?
Gather the following tools and supplies to create the card for Day 27 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards:
(These next 6 links are affiliate links which means I get a commission if you purchase through me.)
- Ultimate Card Making Tool Kit
- Cricut Sweet Treats cartridge
- embossing folder
- white cardstock and colored cardstock
- tape runner
- mini tape runner
- Cut the raspberry cardstock to be 4.25″ high by 8.5″ wide. Cut the white cardstock to be 5.25″ high x 4″wide.
- Fold the raspberry cardstock in half lengthwise and use the bone folder to crisp the edge.
- Run the white cardstock using the embossing folder through the Cuttlebug machine.
- Adhere the embossed panel to the card using the tape runner.
- Cut cupcake from Sweet Treats at 4.4″ high.
- Adhere the cupcake layers together using both tape runner and mini tape runner. Adhere the cupcake to the card.
- Write your own sentiment or download the sentiments freebie below and mail Day 27 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards.
The simple cupcake above is elevated because I enlarged the image plus used shimmered and glittered paper. It is delicious enough to eat! Sometimes, all you need to do is switch out a few elements with something fabulous and the design is brought to the next level. A little extra pizzazz can go a long way with a simple design. I applied this concept to cards from Day 10, Day 18 and Day 23. Try it and see how easy it is to make a few tweaks. Experimenting can lead to amazing creativity. Meet me back here for Day 28 of the 31 Days of Handmade Cards. Be creative!
Remember to Pin it!