With Valentine’s Day less than a month away, it’s time to create sweet tokens of your love and affection. I created these Valentine Paper Rosette Favors last year and gave them to my co-workers to brighten their work spaces. Many were adhered to computer screens and placed in pencil cups and it was a pop of color and happiness in a sea of 70’s brown, laminated wood-grain furniture.
Gather the following tools and supplies to create the Valentine Paper Rosette Favors:
(These next 16 links are affiliate links which means I get a commission if you purchase through me.)
- Ultimate Card Making Tool Kit
- Original Border Maker System
- Scallop Dot Border Maker Cartridge
- 5/8" circle punch and 1.25" circle punch
- 1" heart punch
- scoring board
- patterned paper
- white cardstock and red cardstock
- paper straws
- heart doilies
- repositionable adhesive
- double-sided tape
- hot glue
- foam squares
- Using the border maker system and a sheet of 12″ x 12″ patterned paper, punch out a border the entire length of the paper. Trim the punched edge to make a paper strip of 1.25″ in width measuring from the top of the scallop to the edge of the paper.
- Place the strip up against the top of the scoring board and score every .25 inches.
- Accordion fold the strip and using the repositionable adhesive, adhere the two ends together to make a loop.
- Either using the medium circle from the Circle Custom Cutting System Patterns or a jar lid, gently press the pleated loop until it nestles inside. Even out the pleats. Punch out two circles from cardstock using the 5/8″ punch. Put a glop of hot glue in the center of the rosette and press one of the punched circles into the glue and hold until it hardens. Flip the rosette over and repeat this same process on the other side.
- Adhere the rosette to the heart doily using double-sided adhesive.
- Adhere the straw to the back of the doily using hot glue.
- Punch out hearts and circles using the heart punch and 1.25″ circle punch from red and white cardstock. Adhere the heart die cut to the circle die cut using foam squares. Adhere the heart medallion to the center of the rosette using double-sided adhesive.
- Give or display your Valentine Paper Rosette Favors.
These favors are perfect gifts for co-workers, teachers, friends, neighbors, and loved ones. Add these favors as a decoration to a gift bag or to the table decor for a Valentine’s Day party. Once you start making these Valentine Paper Rosette favors, you won’t stop because they are such fun to make. For more decorating ideas for Valentine’s Day, be inspired by the Valentine Curly Paper Wreath and Kraft Paper Love Garland.
Meet me back here for more Valentine goodness. Be creative!
Remember to Pin it!