Place cards are mini works of art. You can create these Thanksgiving Paper Place Cards quickly and easily using a few supplies and tools. It gives you the opportunity to decorate the Thanksgiving table using simple, handcrafted decorations that won’t break your budget.
Gather the following tools and supplies to create the Thanksgiving Paper Place Cards:
(These next 5 links are affiliate links which means I get a commission if you purchase through me.)
- Ultimate Card Making Tool Kit
- alphabet die cut
- leaf punch
- patterned paper
- colored cardstock
- precision point adhesive
- Cut the strips of khaki cardstock to 3″ high x 4″ wide.
- Fold in half lengthwise and use the bone folder to crisp the edge.
- Cut the names using the alphabet die and Cuttlebug.
- Punch out leaves from patterned paper.
- Secure the open place card to the self-healing mat using washi tape or low-tack tape. Line up the clear plastic ruler along the bottom of the place card and secure the ruler with washi tape to the mat as shown below.
- Adhere the leaf to the card using the adhesive. Adhere the name using precision point adhesive and using the ruler as a guide to glue the letters straight and evenly.
- Set your table with your beautiful Thanksgiving Paper Place Cards.
I have my paper scraps sorted by color so I was able to use what I had on hand to create the leaves. Some of these scraps were also used to create the Autumn Paper Garland. Any patterned paper will do so you can match your table decor or use the patterned paper suggestion above. You might call me thrifty, but I love challenging myself to use what I have. I find it fun. If you don’t have washi tape, use some other type of tape like drafting tape or painters tape. Something low-tack that won’t peel the paper off of the place card.
Meet me back here for handmade Thanksgiving cards to share with family and friends as we have much to be thankful for. Be creative!
Editor’s note: I created these place cards using the original leaf punches from Creative Memories. The current Creative Memories leaf punch is a suitable alternative. You will have to create larger tags as the punched leaf is larger than what is shown in this post.
Remember to Pin it!