Paper garlands are so easy to create and this Punched Hearts Paper Garland is perfect for your home or office decor to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Using very few supplies that you probably already have on hand, you can knock this project out quickly and easily.
Gather the following tools and supplies to create the Punched Hearts Paper Garland:
(These next 4 links are affiliate links which means I get a commission if you purchase through me.)
- Cut strips of patterned paper to 1″ wide x 2″ high.
- Fold in half to make each strip into a 1″ x 1″ square. You can use the bone folder to the crisp the edge.
- Punch out the heart in the center of the square.
- Apply repositionable adhesive to the inside and the adhesive will only adhere to the paper, not the punched out heart. Fold over the twine and press to close.
- Repeat until you have the desired length of garland you choose.
- Hang you Punched Hearts Paper Garland to celebrate Valentine’s Day or your anniversary.
If you have lots of paper scraps like I do, this is a great project to use up those scraps you can’t bear to throw away. I made three garlands: pink, red and purple. I usually hang these garlands on my wire tree, which also doubles as my Christmas card holder, so I can see them every day. I also decorated my office cubicle one year and it brought much needed color and cheer to the space. You could also use these Punched Hearts Paper Garlands as a decoration by wrapping it around a gift. For more inspiration for Valentine’s Day, please check out these tutorials: Valentine Curly Paper Wreath, Kraft Paper Love Garland, Valentine Paper Rosette Favors and 3D Paper Heart Tags.
Meet me back here for more Valentine goodness. Be creative!
Remember to Pin it!