I love hearts and Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays! With that in mind, I created this festive garland to decorate my dining room. A quick and easy diy project you can complete in a few hours and display for years to come.
Gather the following tools and supplies to create the Kraft Paper Love Garland:
(These next 9 links are affiliate links which means I get a commission if you purchase through me.)
- Ultimate Card Making Tool Kit
- Cricut Folk Art Festival cartridge
- Cricut Something to Celebrate cartridge
- patterned paper
- colored cardstock
- die cuts
- hole punch
- tape runner and mini tape runner
- foam dots
- To create the flags, cut out the kraft flags at 5″ and the heart paper flags at 4.5″ from the Something to Celebrate cartridge or download the image in Cricut Design Space.
- Cut out the LOVE letters at 3.5″, the pale pink shadow letters at 3.5″ and the hearts at 3″ from the Folk Art cartridge.
- Adhere the flags together using the tape runner. Adhere the letters together using the mini tape runner and tape runner. Adhere the letters to the flags using the tape runner.
- Add the 14th and Be My Valentine onto the hearts with foam tape. Adhere the hearts to the flags using the tape runner.
- Hole punch the upper corners of each flag and string the ribbon through the flags to create a finished garland.
- Hang your Kraft Paper Love Garland and enjoy your masterpiece!
This is a project where you are letting the patterned paper do all of the hard work. It looks more complicated then it really is because the patterned paper adds depth and interest. The trick is to not overwork it. Let it happen and don’t fuss over it. This project would look great with any Valentine themed paper of your choosing.
My Valentine Day’s decorating is almost done. My Valentine Curly Paper Wreath is hanging on my favorite distressed chair on my front porch and the Kraft Paper Love Garland is on display in my dining room. Meet me back here for more Valentine goodness. Be creative!
Editor’s note: I created this garland using Jillibean Red Bean Soup Collection that has been discontinued. The Authentique Sweetheart Collection is a suitable alternative.
Remember to Pin it!