Welcome to Day 14 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards! I love hearts and I am always looking for reasons to use them when creating cards. This heart die cut is my absolute favorite and it brings a smile to my face every time I use it.
Gather the following tools and supplies to create the card for Day 14 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards:
(These next 6 links are affiliate links which means I get a commission if you purchase through me.)
- Ultimate Card Making Tool Kit
- Cricut Folk Art Festival cartridge
- dot embossing folder
- white cardstock and colored cardstock
- tape runner
- mini tape runner
- Cut the white cardstock to be 4.25″ high by 8.5″ wide. Cut the white cardstock to be 5.25″ high x 4″wide.
- Fold the larger piece of white cardstock in half lengthwise and use the bone folder to crisp the edge.
- Run the remaining piece of white cardstock using the embossing folder through the Cuttlebug machine.
- Adhere the embossed panel to the card.
- Cut the heart at 3.5″ out of pink and white cardstock.
- Adhere the two pieces of the heart together using the mini tape runner.
- Adhere the heart to the embossed cardstock using the tape runner.
- Write your own sentiment or download the sentiments freebie below and mail Day 14 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards.
This card was created as a sympathy card for a dear friend. Simple, yet elegant with the hope it provides some comfort. Change the heart color to red for a Valentine’s Day or anniversary card for your beloved just like with Day 4. Or, create this card using raspberry pink cardstock to give to your best friend. Meet me back here for Day 15 of the 31 Days of Handmade Cards. Be creative!
Remember to Pin it!