Welcome to Day 9 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards! Rainbows and birthdays definitely go together. If you have been following along from the beginning of the series, you will see some repeat elements from Day 5 and Day 8. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel each time. A simple rearrangement of elements creates an entirely different card.
Gather the following tools and supplies to create the card for Day 9 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards:
(These next 9 links are affiliate links which means I get a commission if you purchase through me.)
- Ultimate Card Making Tool Kit
- Cricut Everyday Fonts cartridge
- Cricut Create a Critter 2 cartridge
- confetti embossing folder
- 1.25" circle punch
- white cardstock and colored cardstock
- tape runner
- mini tape runner
- foam squares
- Cut the white cardstock to be 4.25″ high by 8.5″ wide. Cut another piece of white cardstock to be 5.25″ high x 4″wide.
- Fold the larger piece of white cardstock in half lengthwise and use the bone folder to crisp the edge.
- Run the remaining piece of white cardstock using the embossing folder through the Cuttlebug machine.
- Adhere the embossed panel to the card.
- Punch 5 circles from colored cardstock.
- Cut happy using the Everyday Fonts cartridge from white cardstock at 1″.
- Cut birthday from Create a Critter 2 from red and gold cardstock at 2″.
- Adhere happy to the circles using the mini tape runner.
- Adhere the circles using the foam squares and birthday using the glue pen to the card.
- Write your own sentiment or download the sentiments freebie below and mail Day 9 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards.
This card has the same elements as Day 8, but arranged differently. That is always a win, win for me! Like the cards earlier in the series, you can change the colors to whatever you choose. There is no wrong or right way to create, only your way. Be bold and change it up! Meet me back here for Day 10 of the 31 Days of Handmade Cards. Be creative!
Remember to Pin it!