Welcome to Day 8 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards! Am I the only one that always needs more birthday cards? We give about 40 handmade birthday cards a year to family and close friends. All original handmade cards with no repeats so I am always creating new designs to fill my card stash.
Gather the following tools and supplies to create the card for Day 8 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards:
- Ultimate Card Making Tool Kit
- Cricut Everyday Fonts cartridge
- Cricut Create a Critter 2 cartridge
- 1.25" circle punch
- white cardstock and colored cardstock
- colored twine
- tape runner
- mini tape runner
- glue pen
- Cut the white cardstock to be 8″ high by 8″ wide.
- Fold the white cardstock in half lengthwise and use the bone folder to crisp the edge.
- Punch 5 circles from colored cardstock.
- Cut happy using the Everyday Fonts cartridge from white cardstock at 1″.
- Cut birthday from Create a Critter 2 from red and gold cardstock at 1.25″.
- Adhere happy to the circles using the mini tape runner.
- Adhere the circles using the tape runner and birthday using the glue pen to the card.
- Tie twine along the edge of the finished card.
As with Day 1, Day 2, Day 5, Day 6, and Day 7, I love using the rainbow to create birthday cards. Rainbows are bright and happy, which is perfect for birthday cards. You can change it to glittered paper or metallic paper or shades of your favorite color. Use what you have on hand or a color combination that is new to you. Meet me back here for Day 9 of the 31 Days of Handmade Cards. Be creative!
Remember to Pin it!
Affiliate or referral links may be used in this post. I only recommend things that I have used, love, and would recommend to my best friend. Thanks so much for supporting my blog! I truly appreciate you.