Welcome to Day 11 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards! Flowers, abstract or not, are a very common theme with greeting cards. This floral card can be given for a birthday, Mother’s Day or anniversary. Or, mail it to a friend or loved one as a thinking of you card.
Gather the following tools and supplies to create the card for Day 11 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards:
(These next 10 links are affiliate links which means I get a commission if you purchase through me.)
- Ultimate Card Making Tool Kit
- 1.5" and 1.25" circle punches
- 1" and .75" circle punches
- .5" circle punch
- hole punch
- white cardstock and colored cardstock
- tape runner
- glue pen
- Cut the white cardstock to be 4.25″ high by 8.5″ wide.
- Fold the white cardstock in half lengthwise and use the bone folder to crisp the edge.
- Punch out various circles using scraps of cardstock to create the flowers.
- Assemble the flowers using the tape runner and glue pen.
- Cut thin strips of green cardstock for stems.
- Adhere the stems to the cardstock. Adhere the flowers to the stem tops.
This card was created originally as a Mother’s Day card for both my mother and mother-in-law. It also is a scrap buster card. In the sewing world, you will find many tutorials called scrap busters because sewers just like other crafters have a tendency to hoard fabric. Paper crafters aren’t immune to it either as I am the poster child for hoarding paper scraps. This card is definitely a scrap buster.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a go-to list of greeting card sayings? Download your free list today by filling out the form below and make yourself look like the rock star that you are. Meet me back here for Day 12 of the 31 Days of Handmade Cards. Be creative!
Enter your name and email to receive your free list
Download the list today so you will always have the perfect words to personalize your greeting cards for any occasion.
Remember to Pin it!
Looking for the best sayings to personalize your greeting cards? You need a list to save you time!
Download the free list of 75 Best Greeting Card Sayings today so you will always have the perfect words to personalize your greeting cards for any occasion.