Welcome to Day 11 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards! Flowers, abstract or not, are a very common theme with greeting cards. This floral card can be given for a birthday, Mother’s Day or anniversary. Or, mail it to a friend or loved one as a thinking of you card.
Gather the following tools and supplies to create the card for Day 11 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards:
- Ultimate Card Making Tool Kit
- 1.5" and 1.25" circle punches
- 1" and .75" circle punches
- .5" circle punch
- hole punch
- white cardstock and colored cardstock
- tape runner
- glue pen
- Cut the white cardstock to be 4.25″ high by 8.5″ wide.
- Fold the white cardstock in half lengthwise and use the bone folder to crisp the edge.
- Punch out various circles using scraps of cardstock to create the flowers.
- Assemble the flowers using the tape runner and glue pen.
- Cut thin strips of green cardstock for stems.
- Adhere the stems to the cardstock. Adhere the flowers to the stem tops.
This card was created originally as a Mother’s Day card for both my mother and mother-in-law. It also is a scrap buster card. In the sewing world, you will find many tutorials called scrap busters because sewers just like other crafters have a tendency to hoard fabric. Paper crafters aren’t immune to it either as I am the poster child for hoarding paper scraps. This card is definitely a scrap buster. Meet me back here for Day 12 of the 31 Days of Handmade Cards. Be creative!
Remember to Pin it!
Affiliate or referral links may be used in this post. I only recommend things that I have used, love, and would recommend to my best friend. Thanks so much for supporting my blog! I truly appreciate you.