Welcome to Day 11 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards! Flowers, abstract or not, are a very common theme with greeting cards. This floral card can be given for a birthday, Mother’s Day or anniversary. Or, mail it to a friend or loved one as a thinking of you card.
Gather the following tools and supplies to create the card for Day 11 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards:
(These next 10 links are affiliate links which means I get a commission if you purchase through me.)
- Ultimate Card Making Tool Kit
- 1.5" and 1.25" circle punches
- 1" and .75" circle punches
- .5" circle punch
- hole punch
- white cardstock and colored cardstock
- tape runner
- glue pen
- Cut the white cardstock to be 4.25″ high by 8.5″ wide.
- Fold the white cardstock in half lengthwise and use the bone folder to crisp the edge.
- Punch out various circles using scraps of cardstock to create the flowers.
- Assemble the flowers using the tape runner and glue pen.
- Cut thin strips of green cardstock for stems.
- Adhere the stems to the cardstock. Adhere the flowers to the stem tops.
- Write your own sentiment or download the sentiments freebie below and mail Day 11 of 31 Days of Handmade Cards.
This card was created originally as a Mother’s Day card for both my mother and mother-in-law. It also is a scrap buster card. In the sewing world, you will find many tutorials called scrap busters because sewers just like other crafters have a tendency to hoard fabric. Paper crafters aren’t immune to it either as I am the poster child for hoarding paper scraps. This card is definitely a scrap buster. Meet me back here for Day 12 of the 31 Days of Handmade Cards. Be creative!
Remember to Pin it!